Privacy Notice for California Consumers
Effective Date: June 1, 2023
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In particular, we may have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last 12 months:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Categories of personal information described in California Civil Code Section 1798.80(e), such as name, signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, and financial information.
- Commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data, such as physical location or movements.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as call and video recordings.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as employment history and professional qualifications.
Sources of Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you from various sources, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you visit our website or use our services, through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies.
- From third-party sources, such as our business partners or service providers.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments.
- To provide you with support and respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website or third-party sites.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products, and services, including to detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Our service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Your Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. We may ask you to provide certain information to verify your identity, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number. We may also use a third-party verification service to verify your identity.
Response Timing and Format
We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 days and will endeavor to respond within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage. Your continued use of our website or services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Should you wish to request the deletion of your personal information, we will proceed to delete the information from our records, unless it is mandated by law for us to retain it. We shall also provide you with details on any third-party service providers to whom we may have disclosed your personal information, and we will direct those providers to delete your information as well. Please email us at email@example.com.
Manage Your Data
At Barefaced, we are committed to protecting the privacy of our users and complying with all relevant privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We take the handling of all user data and personal information seriously.
We recognize that personal information, such as identifiers, protected characteristics, commercial information, internet or similar network activity data, geolocation services, electronic and sensory data, biometric information, financial information, inferences, and profession or employment information, is valuable and sensitive. We only collect and use this information for specific and legitimate purposes, such as to process orders and payments, provide customer support, and personalize your shopping experience.
We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. If you would like to request deletion of your personal information, we will delete the information from our records, unless we are required by law to retain it. To request deletion of your records, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information, please feel free to contact us with questions by emailing email@example.com.
We are committed to continuously reviewing and improving our privacy practices to ensure that we are up-to-date with the latest privacy laws and industry best practices. If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Here at Barefaced, we appreciate your business and for trusting us to protect your privacy and personal information.