Sizes: 1 fl oz / 30 mL
Facial oils are everywhere these days, but Perfectionist Oil is in a league of its own. Meticulously designed for one purpose: giving you an unparalleled shaving experience for your face. Say goodbye to basic dermaplaning and hello to oilplaning, setting a new standard for smoothness.
Perfectionist Oil is the trailblazer in the world of oilplaning–no more shaving your face on dry skin and no more angry, irritated skin post shave. This luxurious oil is designed to serve as a shield, helping your razor glide with precision without jeopardizing damage to your skin barrier. With its unique blend of soothing and hydrating ingredients to seal in moisture, Perfectionist also aids in stabilizing and fortifying your freshly-exfoliated skin long after you’re done.
Beyond shaving, Perfectionist also functions as luxurious facial oil, locking in moisture, while keeping environmental stressors and other bad things out. Apply in your evening routine to let the antioxidants and fatty acids soak in for soft, supple skin or use as a pre-treatment for a facial roller, gua sha, or massage.
Now, we know what you’re thinking, and no! This lightweight oil won’t clog your pores! That truly is perfection.
For more tips, see the instructional video below!
How to Use as a Shave Oil: We recommend oilplaning at night so it's not immediately followed by makeup or sun exposure. Start by double cleansing then prepping your skin with our Toning Pads (II). This helps prevent breakouts and sets the stage for a smooth and soothing shave. Apply one dropper full of Perfectionist liberally to your face. Shave slowly in an upward or downward motion using short, gentle strokes. Post shave, rinse with cool water, pat dry and apply Overachiever and Hydrating Lotion.
How to Use as a Facial Oil: Apply one dropper full (spread evenly across the face) as a base for facial roller, gua sha or massage.
- Soothes sensitivity with hydrating ingredients
- Reduces redness + bumpiness
- Works to glide the razor closer and more smoothly on the skin, helping prevent nicks and cuts
- Prevents rollers or other tools from tugging at dry skin, which can cause damage over time
- Improves lymphatic drainage
All skin types
Golden Seaweed, Ginger Root, Sunflower Seed Oil, Squalane
Formulated without parabens, fragrance, phthalates, sulfates, artificial dyes, mineral oil, formaldehyde donors.
- Golden Seaweed - sourced from the Brittany region of France, which helps restore balance to your skin, providing moisturizing effects and a soothing sensation that lasts.
- Ginger Root - to further enhance anti-redness properties. This natural ingredient actively combats sensitivity, leaving your skin looking and feeling rejuvenated.
- A super-potent antioxidant blend, including Sunflower Seed Oil, to create a protective barrier that nourishes and shields your skin from external toxins that often lead to breakouts.
- Squalane - a key moisturizing ingredient, keeps your skin hydrated. Throughout the shaving process it ensures maximum performance from your razor, helping it glide effortlessly across the skin to prevent nicks and cuts.
All ingredient percentages are considered pregnancy/nursing safe by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, however, we always recommend consulting with your OB prior to usage.
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Jojoba Esters, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Tocopherol, Squalane, Bisabolol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract
When you use the right products for your skin type, you’ll see long-term benefits and a lifetime of healthy skin. You just need a plan that makes sense for your skincare needs. That’s where we come in. Every clinically proven product we create is formulated with active ingredients that help you simplify your routine and amplify your results, so your skin can feel its brightest and healthiest yet.
We can help with that! To get started, we recommend taking our skin quiz, which you can find here. The skin care quiz will guide you to the best products for your skin type.
Barefaced, and all of the other lines we carry, are considered “medical-grade” skincare (although that’s not a regulated term). Our products are formulated to be results-driven, and they’re developed by medical professionals, master formulators and expert chemists to induce change in the skin at the cellular level.
Yes, all of the products we stock are cruelty-free.